I'm so sorry about not posting in a such a long time. I think I just needed a break and I was running out of post ideas. Plus, I have been really busy with my Etsy store (Sweet Pea Designs Too) Well, I think I'm finally back! I will be participating in some link ups in the next few weeks. However, in the mean time, I wanted to share some of my goals that I have established for myself.
Here are the goals:
1. I want to learn how to coupon. I mean really coupon (not like on Extreme Couponers, I could never do it like that!). I want to start saving some money. What tips to you have?
2. Cut back where I can. I don't spend money on myself, but there are a few things that I can cut back on, like being mindful of lights and fans.
3. Pray more. Spend more time with GOD. I always try to pray before I go to sleep, but sometimes I'm just so tired that when my head hits the pillow I'm sawing some serious logs. I know this is the main reason for my stress, but I need to do this more.
4. Count to 10. Relax, and don't be on edge all the time. The house will be clean and the laundry will be done. I just need to relax!!
5. Consistently blog. This is my "quiet" time. Have fun with it an don't feel the pressure to write the best blog posts. This is for me and it's something that I enjoy.
6. Get out of the house more.
7. Unplug more.
8. Get "ready"more often. By this I mean wear something other than shorts and a t-shirt. My husband will like this!!!
So, these are things that I want to work on and things that I want to accomplish. I know this won't happen overnight, but I feel like writing it down will hold me accountable.
As a lot of you know I am a child of the 80s. I love everything about the 80s, the movies, the clothes, the hair styles, the tv shows, and most importantly, the music. I love the bubble gum pop, the hair bands, and of course, the power ballads.
So, the point of this post is my favorite music. Here are my three favorite songs and their videos. Sit back, relax, and enjoy some great music.
Bubble Gum Pop
My favorite singer from genre would have to be Debbie Gibson and her song Only in my Dreams.
This is song that I would always dance to in the privacy of my room. I would also belt out the lyrics using my hairbrush as a microphone. Am I the only one who did this? Please tell me I'm not.
My all time favorite hair band would have to be Bon Jovi and their song You Give Love a Bad Name.
I remember exactly where I was when I first heard this song. It was my freshman year in high school and I was at a homecoming dance in the gym on the school campus and when this song came everyone went out to the middle of the gym floor and started jumping up and down. This is when my love for Bon Jovi began.
My number two favorite hair band would have to be Def Leppard and their song Photograph.
Again, I remember where I was when I first heard this song. I was at a Demolay/Job's Daughters dance. I was sitting in a chair against the wall watching the others dance when this song came on. I loved this song and this was when my borderline obsession started with Def Leppard.
And last, but not least, the Power Ballad.
My all time favorite power ballad would have to be Don't know what you got until it's gone, by Cinderella.
I honestly don't remember where I was when I first heard this song, but I do know it was on the radio.
Those are just a few of my favorite songs that I still listen to thanks to Pandora and Youtube.