Imagine if you will.... it's Monday morning and you can barely drag yourself out of bed. You're exhausted and you are getting ready for work barely making it out of the door on time. You forgot to pack your lunch so you will have to grab some fast food on your lunch hour. Your desk is a mess and your email box is full. It's going to be a long day. This sounds familiar, doesn't it? We have all been there, but it doesn't have to be that way. If you take advantage of your Sundays to prepare for the week, Mondays can be a lot easier! Here are seven things you can do on Sunday for a more productive week:
1. For thing's first.... think of Sunday as the first day of the week instead of the last. Most people tend to think of Sunday as a day of rest, instead think of Sunday as the first chance to prepare yourself for the week, This one simple little thought will make Monday seem less overwhelming.
2. Clean out your email inbox. If you work a typical 9 to 5 job, chances are most of the emails you receive Friday night through Sunday are personal and junk mail as opposed to work email. Clean these out on Sunday night. By doing this it will help you jump into the work week more quickly.
3. Write a to do list for the week and then begin to tackle it.
4. If you work from home clean off your desk on Sunday so you start the week off with a clean desk. Put anything you will need for Monday's projects front and center.
5. If you are a blogger, schedule your social media posts for the week. Now, I haven't started this yet mainly because I'm still finding the best free social media scheduler. I hope to start this sometime next week.
6. Clean the house. There's is nothing worse that starting the week with a messy house. I don't know about anyone else, but I am much more relaxed when my house is clean.
7. Meal plan and meal prep for the week. I tend to one big shopping trip at the beginning of the month. So, I usually have a detailed menu plan for the month. I still shop at least once a week for the essentials like milk, bread, and eggs and some fruits and veggies. It make all the difference when it comes to meal times.
What do you do on Sundays to have a more productive week?
Have a great day!!