I only made one resolution this year. It was to be more productive, energetic, and happier. And yes, I counted it as one resolution. Don't get me wrong. I am very happy with my life overall. I have the two most amazing girls and the best husband in the whole world. I am healthy and so is my family. I could not ask for anything more.
However, there are days (that often lead to weeks) where I just don't feel like doing anything. I tend to be moody, I crave junk food, I don't want to look in the mirror, I don't dream, and I just stop making goals.
In order to make sure that the chaos stays at a minimum, a morning routine is very important. Here is a breakdown of my morning routine that I follow every day.
(1) Get up before the kids. I find that getting up before the kids often makes my morning routine run smoother. By doing this I tend to manage my time better.
(2) Get dressed. Even if there is nowhere to go, I find the getting dressed gets me motivated to tackle the daily chores that I have to do around the house.
(3) Swish and swipe the bathroom. I tidy up the bathroom as I am getting ready for the day.
(4) Make the bed. This is so important as it tends to set the tone of the day for me.
(5) Eat breakfast
(6) After breakfast clean up
(7) Planner minute. This is when I check my planner to see what has to be done for the day.
(8) Daily action plan. I check to see what appointment we have (if any).
(9) One load of laundry per day. I find doing one load of laundry a day to keep the mountain of clothes much more manageable.
(10) Daily chore. I choose on chore a day so that I can get it done and not have to worry about it.
So, there is how I use my morning routine. Do you follow a morning routine?
Have a great night!!