Image Map

Thursday, April 14, 2011

American Idol Performance Recap

 Last night the judges could not utter a negative thing about the contestants last night. At this stage of the game, each contestants’ flaws and strengths are now well known. The talent is just so good that it is hard to find something negative about each contestant. Even the worst contestants (Haley, Stefano, and Paul), they still find something positive to say about them.

1. Paul McDonald- he sang Old Time Rock and Roll by Bob Segar from Risky Business. So not the right song for his voice. The song did not match his voice at all.

2. Lauren Alainia-  she sand The Climb by Miley Cyrus. I thought this was a very good fit for her voice and I thought that she sang the song better than Miley. Her voice is much stronger as well. If one girl is safe tonight it has to be Lauren.

3. Stefano Langone- he sang End of the Road by Boyz II Men. I thought this was one of the worst perfoemances of the evening. I so did not like his performance at all and I did not agree with the judges either. I think he will be the next to be eliminated. He should have been eliminated last week.

4. Scotty McCreery- he sang Cross My Heart by George Strait. I thought this was the best song for his voice. He did great with it.

5. Casey Abrams- he sang Nature Boy by Nat King Cole. I think he should stayed with his first pick In the Air Tonight. He would have done much better. I just did not like Nature Boy at all, in fact, it bored me to tears.

6. Haley Reinhart- she sang call me by Blondie. I thought this was her worst performance to date. It felt strained. She picked a very bad song. She is in danger of being in the bottom 3.

7. Jacob Lusk- he sang Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel. It is me or does his voice sound like nails going down a chalkboard? His voice really gets on my nerves. He reminds to much of Fantasia from season 3. This song just did not match his voice at all.

8. James Durbin- he sang Heavy Metal by Sammy Hagar. He brought down the house!!!He kicked it up a notch and turned non-metal fans into metal fans. He sang with his heart and soul. As one person on the blog tonight said, he is not Adam Lambert, who is theater at heart. James is metal at heart. He picked the best song to showcase his voice. He has been my pick since his audition to win American Idol.

My predictions for tonight are:

I think Paul, Stefano and Haley will be in the bottom three and Stefano will go home. I have been saying for three weeks that Stefano should go home, hopefully tonight is the night for that to happen.

So there you have it, my predictions for tonight.

~ Mama Bear

** UPDATE**

Paul was eliminated on Thursday's elimination episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment