Image Map

Thursday, April 21, 2011

American Idol Performance Recap

The “American Idol” Top 7 took on songs from the 21st Century and the overall show was way better than I ever thought it would be. I was not impressed with the opening number from the eliminated contestants at all. Pia Toscano had great stage presence, but it did show why the other contestants were eliminated. I still think viewers got it wrong when Pia was voted off so early. She was clearly the better singer out of the ones who were eliminated.

Now on to the performance recap.

Scotty McCreery, Swingin' by Leann Rimes. He was actually able to sing a 1983 song only because Leann Rimes had covered it. In my opinion, it was not his best performance. If he wants to stay in the competition then he really needs to branch out and start taking some risks.

James Durbin, Uprising, my Muse. I must admit, I have never heard the song before, or the group for that matter, but I absolutley loved the the song and the performance!!! It was hands down, the best performance of the night!!!

Hailey Reinhart, Rolling in the Deep, by Adele.  This was probably the second best performance of the night. She performed the song perfectly. I think she made a smart move by choosing to sing Adele, with the record being #1 right now it might have saved her this week.

Jacob Lusk, Dance with my Father by Luther Vondross. This by far was the most boring performance of the evening.  He really needs to sing something other than ballads and to quit doing all of those runs. His entire performance was just so boring that it actually put me to sleep!!

Casey Abrams, Harder to Breathe by Maroon 5. I cannot believe that he sang this song. At first I didn't recognize it. It wasn't until the chorus that I finally realized what song it was. It was a weird performance. All of it. His movements, the arrangement, his singing. It just didn't work for me. The only thing that will safe him is his flirting with Jennifer Lopez.

Stefano Langone, Closer by Ne-O. I have never been a fan of Stefano at all. His performance was the worst of the night. That's all I have to say about him.

Lauren Alaina, Born to Fly by Sara Evans. This was not her best performance. She is still an effortless performer, but it just wasn't her best at all. She had an entire decade to choose I feel she could have picked a better song.

My Predictions--

Safe- James and Scotty

Most likely safe- Hailey and Lauren

Bottom 3- Stefano, Casey, and Jacob

Eliminated- Stefano

**UPDATE**

Stefano was eliminated!!! It's about time!!!!

~Mama Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment