Image Map

Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday

I found this at Diary of a Stay at home Mom and thought it would be fun to participate!!

The Weather

After having 100+ degree for the last week it had finally cooled down into the low to mid 90s and only to days on the low 100s. Much cooler than last week!



 On my reading pile

This week I will be reading Flowers in the Attic/Petals on the Wind, my ethics textbook, and my bible study book.

On my TV

Reuns of Friends


On the menu for this week

On my to do list

Bible Study
Laundry
Housework
Homework 

What I'm creating

I have been working on some no sew fleece blankets. I'm about to finish my 5th one!!

Homemaking Tips

Add baking soda to the water when you hard boil eggs. It raises the pH of the water and makes them easier to peel by reducing the albumen's ability to stick to the shell. 

Strip towels of detergent buildup and make them smell brand new. Wash towels in hot water with one cup distilled white vinegar. Wash towels again in hot water with 1/2 cup baking soda. Run through dryer and towels smell better than ever!

    If you add a slice of bread to a bag of homemade cookies the moisture from the bread keeps the cookies fresh! You can also use this for cakes, muffins, cupcakes, etc. to keep them from going stale. {Note: Don’t forget to replace the dried slice of bread with a fresh slice every few days.}

 Nail Polish as Key Coder. Differentiate your keys by color-coding them with your favorite nail polish. Lay keys flat and apply a thick coat of a different shade to the top of each one. 

 Store your salad in mason jars. It will keep for 7-9 days longer than average and your lettuce will not turn brown or have wilted leaves. Also, easy to grab on the go, just add dressing!

[The above tips and tricks were taken from Carolina Charm]

From my camera


 Fresh fruit = summer time!!!! Look at all of that delicious yumminess!!!!

On my prayer list

 My husband

All of the ladies in my online bible study

Bible verse devotional

 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
 1 Timothy 4:12

 Lord, You used people of all ages throughout the Bible, and You can use me. Today is a new day, and I am excited about what You have for me to accomplish. Amen.

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment