Image Map

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bible studies and #SheReadsThruth

I have been toying with the idea of joining a bible study for some time now. Well, about two weeks ago I finally decided to take the plunge and just do it. I began by researching "bible studies for women" online and found a website that I absolutely feel in love with, it's called Women's Bible Cafe. I love this website!! I joined my first ever bible study as soon as I found the website! Let me just say that I have really enjoyed the study (by the way the study is called "Nehemiah" from the old testament). I have learned so much so far, so much that I did not know. I am ashamed to say that before starting the bible study I did not know very much about the bible, but now I hold my head high and finally say that I know more now that I ever did before.

Thanks to a Facebook friend, I have been participating in various bible studies/devotionals (all at least 2-3 weeks long) on Youversion. I am thankful that the friend brought this website to my attention because I have a better understanding of the Bible now. I am participating in 4 different devotionals; The Confident Woman, Living the Surrendered Life, Soul Detox, and Prayer. These 4 devotionals alone have really helped my outlook on life and have improved it as well.

I then stumbled upon the She Reads Truth website through a blog that I follow. I quickly realized that the four devotionals that I have been following are through this website. I am thankful that I found this website as it has brought me closer to God in a way that I have never been before. I enjoy reading the bible verses everyday and I have learned so much about myself in the process.

She Reads Truth provides a Bible reading plan for each day, a weekly truth to memorize (and display), and a community of women to offer encouragement and accountability.

 
Want to give it a try? 
Follow these steps {via She Reads Truth}: 

1) Download the YouVersion app on your smart phone. Don’t have a smart phone? Create a login via your web browser
2) The new reading plan will be announced early Thursday (7/12) morning. After it's announced, go to the Plans section + search for it. 
3) Stay connected through the She Reads Truth blog or the Twitter or Instagram feeds. If you post regarding the study/community, be sure to tag it with the phrase #SheReadsTruth.
4) Keep a journal. Write down what strikes you. Take a picture. Record your journey. Share what you're learning. Encourage others. Let yourself be encouraged.
5) Read, learn, grow, connect, share, move, journey, see. Each day. Every day. Repeat.
Sound interesting? Doable? Necessary?
Yeah, me too. Hope you'll be joining this new sort of truth-filled community along with me!

I have made the biggest spiritual decision of my life and I will sure it soon!

~Angie



No comments:

Post a Comment