Image Map

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

What I learned from Dirty Dancing



Dirty Dancing is one of my favorite movies. I have seen this movie so many times that it has come determinantal to my well being. As an example, I firmly believe that it takes exactly three weeks to fall in love and learn mambo. In real life, this is impossible because no matter what in the end you will end up with spaghetti arms. 

Here as some of the observations I have made after watching Dirty Dancing for the 12478576899375th time:

1. Never get involved with the entertainment staff



If you hang out with the entertainment staff, you will inevitably find yourself mixed up with a bad crowd. You will disobey your parents, help a stranger get an illegal abortion, learn the mambo, and hang with people of a different socioeconomic status. You will also have the time of your life.

2. Watermelons are awful conversations starters



Or are they? Because Baby got to meet and dance with Johnny Castle. And like they say, the rest is history.

3. The Catskills in 1963 were a progressive wonderland


4. Rick and Sam retired to the Catskills




Rick and Sam retired and opened up their own mountain side resort where they lived happily ever after, gambling, and judging the youth of America.

5. Trying on wigs is only for the rich


6. Guys who attend the Cornell School of Hotel Management are the worst.




7. Jake Hauseman is the ideal father




Baby thought she would never find a guy as great as her dad. He has high expectations for his daughters even though they do disagree from time to time.

8. And the most important lesson of all.




Because if you’re anything like Baby Houseman, good things in the form of Johnny Castle will happen to you. At least that is what I keep telling myself.

So, yes Dirty Dancing is fantastic and I will never get tired of it. I will bask in the glory that is Dirty Dancing and enjoy every minute of the movie.

~Angie




No comments:

Post a Comment