Today's post is all about a favorite family Christmas recipe. This is an easy one for me! Our all time favorite Christmas recipe is a Nutella cheesecake that I make every year.
2 cups (264g) Oreo crumbs (leave filling in Oreos)
4 tbsp (56g) butter, melted
24 oz (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup (104g) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (470g) Nutella
3 tbsp (21g) cocoa powder
8 oz Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream)
1/2 cup (157g) Nutella
1/4 cup (60ml) heavy cream
6 Ferrero Rocher, chopped
1. Combine Oreo crumbs with melted butter.
2. Press crumbs into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Set in refrigerator to firm.
3. Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, Nutella and cocoa powder together in a large bowl until smooth and well combined.
4. Gently stir in the Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream).
5. Pour filling into crust and smooth the top.
6. Refrigerate for about 4-6 hours or until firm.
7. Remove cheesecake from springform pan and place on cake plate.
8. To make the ganache, place the nutella into a medium bowl. Bring the cream to a boil in the microwave, then pour over the nutella. Whisk until smooth.
9. Let the ganache to cool slightly and thicken before pouring over cheesecake.
10. Sprinkle chopped Ferrero Rocher over the top of the cheesecake.
11. Refrigerate until serving.