Tasty Tuesdays are back!!!! The first recipe that I wanted to share is one that I found while browsing the interwebs. I have had a craving for taco salad and doritos and I thought "well why not combine the two". So, I googled doritos and taco salad and found this recipe. And, it was delish!!
So here is the recipe that I used. Enjoy!!
Doritos Taco Salad
Yield: 14 cups
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 oz) packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 medium-large head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium-large tomato, diced
- 4 oz 50% less fat or 2% sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz nacho cheese Doritos, broken up a bit into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup light Catalina or French dressing (I used Kraft Lite Catalina)
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, breaking it up into pieces with a wooden spoon. Add the packet of taco seasoning and stir until well coated. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and ground beef. When ready to serve, add the Doritos and dressing and toss to coat.
Have a great night!!