Image Map

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

10 things i want my daughters to know

Having girls is a challenge, a real challenge. How do you help to not feel insecure about themselves? How do I make my daughters feel empowered? In order to answer these questions I decided to google "things that I want my daughters to know" and I found this blog post from the Modern Mom blog. It really spoke to me and I wanted to share it here with you.

10 Things I Want my Daughters to Know:

1. It’s OK to feel vulnerable. It happens to everyone, even if they don’t admit it. If you feel bad about something, ask, read, look for help. It doesn’t matter how big or small you think your problem is.

2. Be courageous. Always dare to say and do what you think is right. Never be afraid of speaking your mind. Learn when and how to say “No” and not feel bad about it. Be assertive, not aggressive.

3. Take care of yourself. Exercise and eat healthy – not because you have to be skinny, but because your body is where you live and you want to treat it the best way you can.

4.  Respect yourself. Never tell yourself something that you would not tell your best friend.

5. Never feel bad about something you cannot change. Learn from the experience and move on.

6.  Make your own decisions – before someone else does. Always remember that every decision you make can have a great impact in your life.

7. What you see in magazines and on the Internet is not always real.  Photoshop exists, never forget that!!

8.  Forget about what people think about you. What do YOU think about yourself? That is what really matters.

9. Be grateful, humble and compassionate with others. Be open to others’ opinions. There is always something you can learn.

10. When people tell you “life is tough”, don’t listen to them! Life gives you opportunities to learn; what you make out of it is what makes life beautiful.

What would you add to the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment