Image Map

Friday, August 10, 2012

A recipe: Broccoli and Orzo

As I was scouring the internets for some weigh loss websites I found this jewel of a recipe on Skinny Taste's website. I have been on the look out for something that is healthy and also a one pot meal (since it has been so hot in these parts I try to limit my stove use) and I think I have found it!! Now I haven't make it yet, but I plan to as soon as I can find some orzo!!
Enjoy!!!




Broccoli and Orzo 
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 3/4 cup • Old Points: 3 pts Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 174.1 • Fat: 4.3 • Carbs: 30.2 • Fiber: 3.8  • Protein: 6.0

Ingredients:


  • 4.5 oz uncooked orzo pasta
  • 2 cups of fresh broccoli florets only (no stems)
  • 4 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
  • 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste

Directions:

Trim stems off broccoli, cut into small pieces and season with salt. Steam covered with a little water until cooked, careful not to overcook. When broccoli is cooked, remove from pan and chop into smaller pieces.

Meanwhile, cook pasta in medium pot of salted water as directed for al dente. Reserve about 1/2 cup liquid before draining. Drain orzo in a colander and add the oil to the pot. Saute garlic a few minutes until golden, add broccoli, season with salt and mix well. Add orzo and stir to combine all. Add a little reserved liquid as needed so pasta isn't dry. Serve with freshly grated cheese if desired (optional).

Makes 3 cups.

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment