Image Map

Monday, August 20, 2012

{Happy Homemaker Monday}

 
The weather:
It's partly cloudy and in the 80's this afternoon. We had some much needed rain this past weekend and I am looking forward to much cooler weather in the coming weeks. I'm so ready for fall weather!!! Bring on the hot chocolate, candy corn, and pumpkin pies!!!
On my reading pile:
I'm still reading Choose Joy for my 2nd online bible study. I have rediscovered the Little House books and am currently reading one of them.
On my TV:
 I'm watching How I Met Your Mother on Netflix and I just discovered Dawson's Creeks a few weeks ago so I have started on that series.
On the menu this week:
Monday- Pot roast (crock pot), mashed potatoes, and carrots
Tuesday- Taco Tuesday
Wednesday- Burgers
Thursday-Baked potatoes (crock pot) and salad
Friday- Fish, pasta, and veggies
Saturday- Crock pot chicken
Sunday- Smother steak (crock pot) mashed potatoes, and carrots
On my to do list:
Laundry (fold and put way)
 Vacuum
Mop
Launder the sheets and blankets
Update my home planner and my student planner
What I am creating:
Still making bracelets and no sew fleece blankets for the Esty shop that I am opening at the end of this month. I have also created a bible study journal and a blog planner that I hope to sell in the store as well.
Homemaking tips:

These homemaking tips were taken from Carolina Charm
   
1. Take scratches out of your CDs/DVDs using a banana 
 
  
  
2. Store bedding in a pillow case
 
 
 
3. Upside down muffin pan for cookie bowls
 4. Hull strawberries using a straw
 
 
Looking around the house:
Just decluttered the living room. There are breakfast and lunch dishes in the sink waiting to be washed. 

On my prayer list:

My husband- he lost his job in May and he is in the process of looking for another. I pray that he is able to find a job that he enjoys.
 
Melissa and Gregg Worley (they lost their twins 7 weeks ago)- I pray for them to finally be able to have the family that they deserve.

Bible verse devotional: 
Now, you are the body of Christ and individual member of it.
 1 Corinthians 12:27
 
~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment