Image Map

Monday, August 27, 2012








{Happy Homemaker Monday}

 
 From: The Diary of a Stay at Home Mom


The weather:
The triple digits have finally fallen into the double digits for a  couple of days anyway!! All of this week it's supposed be in the 90s and then in the triple digits again by the weekend. I wish fall would hurry up and get here!!

 


On my reading pile:
I'm reading a mystery novel by Mary Higgins Clark and and hope to download the kindle app to my PC later this week!

On my TV:
 I'm watching How I Met Your Mother on Netflix and I just discovered Dawson's Creeks a few weeks ago so I have started on that series.

On the menu this week:
Monday- Soup and Sammies or spaghetti
Tuesday- Taco Tuesday
Wednesday- Pizza
Thursday-Baked potatoes (crock pot) and salad
Friday- Fish, pasta, and veggies
Saturday- Beans with ham and cornbread
Sunday- Smothered pork chops (crock pot) mashed potatoes, and carrots

On my to do list:
Laundry (fold and put way)
 Vacuum
Mop
Launder the sheets and blankets
Update my home planner and my student planner

What I am creating:
Still making bracelets and no sew fleece blankets for the Esty shop that I am opening at the end of this month. I have also created a bible study journal and a blog planner that I hope to sell in the store as well.

Homemaking tips:

These homemaking tips were taken from Carolina Charm
   
How to ice-proof your windows. Fill a spray bottle with three parts vinegar to one part water and spray on your car windows at night. In the morning, they should be clear of the icy mess.  How does it work? Vinegar contains acetic acid, which raises the melting point of water – preventing water from freezing. What to do if you wake up to an already frozen car? Just spray the mixture on your window and watch it melt.

 Looking around the house:
Just decluttered the living room. There are breakfast and lunch dishes in the sink waiting to be washed. 

On my prayer list:

My husband- he lost his job in May and he is in the process of looking for another. I pray that he is able to find a job that he enjoys.
Melissa and Gregg Worley (they lost their twins 7 weeks ago)- I pray for them to finally be able to have the family that they deserve.

Everyone in the path of Hurricane Issac

Bible verse devotional: 

 Know that wisdom is such to your soul; if you find it, there will be a future, and your hope will not be cut off.
 Proverbs 24:14 

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment