Image Map

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Weddings and Engagements

Show and Tell Monday (posted on Tuesday)


I saw this link up a few moments ago and decided to participate anyway. The link up is courtesy of 

Are you married? If so when did you get married, and tell us about your special day. If not? How would you describe your dream wedding?  

Yes! Happily! Paul and I got married 2 years ago, 12/23/09 at the courthouse. It was the two of us just like we wanted. Even though it was just us, the judge (in the judge's chambers) and the two witnesses it was still perfect.

Show us some wedding pictures. Either yours or of some that you love. 

We have absolutely no pictures from our wedding day, so I will share a couple from the interwebs that I love.

 Love the dress!!!
Even though they are no longer together,  thought their wedding was beautiful.

 Love this couple!!
How about the engagement? Tell us your story. If not engaged, what's your dream proposal? 

We were engaged on 12/22/09 and I was 5 months pregnant at the time. Paul had the proposal all planned out until my boss at the time let me leave work early. He had no time to buy the ring so he went to Hobby Lobby and bought a wedding ring candy mold to serve as my engagement ring (I still have that mold). He then took me to our favorite spot at the lake, and at sunset dropped to one knee and proposed. Before he could finish the sentence, I said yes. It was perfect!  We were engaged for less than 24 hours when we got married. I waited for 16 years and I wasn't going to let him change his mind, so we got married the next day. That night a blizzard came through and we were snowed in until 12/27/09.

Show us your wedding rings or an engagement photo! If not engaged/married ... show us your "dream" ring. 


Tell us why you think marriage doesn't work out for so many? What can we do to make things last  

I believe that one reason why some marriages don't work out is simply because people just do not try hard to make it work. They see divorce as the easy way out. As for what we can do to make the marriage last longer, communication is the key. It is important to communicate with your spouse. 

 ~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment