Image Map

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Under the weather

Baby girl is sick. She started coughing last night and when she woke up this morning she had a runny nose and was sneezing. We took her to her pediatrician who told us she was congested and only had a cold, and he prescribed her a cough medicine for her. After the doctor, we went to lunch, came home and  all three of us took naps and when I woke I took Baby girl's temp and she had a fever of 102.4. Now, I know this is not high, but to me it was high (she hardly ever runs a fever, this is only her 2nd fever), I gave some Motrin and she started feeling better. I then started alternating between mortin and Tylenol every 3 hours. At around 10:00pm her fever was at its highest, 103.4. This momma panicked and called the on call peditrican  and was told not worry that if it gets to 105 then bring to ER. I then gave her some more mortrin, and 30 minuets later, her temp was down significantly. And I breathed a sigh of relief. She is on the mend.

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment