Image Map

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Childhood Toys

Hi Lovebugs!

I was sitting here reflecting on my childhood and thinking about what types of toys I played with. We have to remember that I was born in 1973, so I spent my younger years in the 70s and my preteen and teen years in the 80s. 

But when I was about 8 or 9 I did have a favorite toy that I played with every single day. It was my Easy Bake Oven! Anyone remember these?



I love this thing! I was always "baking" cakes and cookies in it. It was so much fun! I had a blast with it. One of my favorite memories is when my mom and  would be in the kitchen and she would be making a cake and she would give me some of the batter to put in one of my little pans. It was so much fun to be in the kitchen with her.

Anyways, this little oven was so much fun (I know I keep saying that, but it was!). Now, you can make, not only cakes and cookies, but pizza and pretzels and whoopie pies.

I still wonder, how does a light bulb actually work like an oven? Does anyone else wonder the same thing?

What was your favorite childhood toy?

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment