Image Map

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Show and Tell: A Thanksgiving Recap

Hi Lovelies!

I'm linking up with Becky for Show and Tell Monday!! 

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone........and I did not take any pictures (of Thanksgiving #2) because the Hubster forget to buy batteries!!!!!!!! Oh well, c'est la via!!!! Anyway, we had a great Thanksgiving, well actually we had two. One with just the three of us (Monday) and then one with my In Laws (Thursday).

Thanksgiving #1 (Monday):

We had so much fun!! We played outside most of the day (it was 80 degrees, hello" Indian Summer") and just enjoyed being lazy. I made supper, chicken thighs (Sam's was out of turkey breast so I had to settle for this), dressing (Hubster's grandmother's dressing), broccoli rice casserole, green beans, rolls, and cheesecake bars for dessert. The dressing was the best part of the meal. I followed the recipe (except I omitted the onions) and the dressing turned out so moist (I almost panicked when I saw how soupy it was after adding 5 of the 7 cups of chicken broth), and I was even given the ulitmate compliment by the Hubster, "It's almost as good as granny's". I was so happy and I know she would have been proud of me!!! After our Thanksgiving supper, relaxed and read books with Baby Girl. All in all, it was the perfect day!

Here some pictures of what we did:

Baby Girl and I made this 

I made this! Granny cornbread dressing

We ate this!

Thanksgiving #2 (Thursday)

For this one we went to my In Laws. It was tad stressful but we did just fine. Baby Girl was able to play with her grandparents and with the puppies and that's all that matters. Why does Thanksgiving with family have to be so stressful? Am I the only one this happens to? Anyway, when we got home we played outside for a little bit and then came in and watched  a few Christmas specials on Netflix. We relaxed  and ate some leftovers. It was a pretty good day (after we got home)!

Both Thanksgivings were great and I realized how grateful and thankful I am to have such a wonderful husband and daughter. They are my world and they both have my heart. I love both of them to the moon and back.

How was your Thanksgiving?

~Angie

2 comments:

  1. wow so nice you were able to play outside. Here in NJ it is usually cold for the holiday. Stopping in from Mrs. to Mama.

    ReplyDelete