Image Map

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

If I could be anything in the world

This week's prompt is "If I Could Be Anything in the World". Now, I have thought and thought about this and I have decided to write about what I wanted to be growing up when I was a kid. Does that make sense? Given the family that I grew with and took care of; I knew I wanted to help people and I knew that I wanted a family of my own. 

So, on to this week's prompt, when I was growing up.....

I wanted to be a teacher. I used to "play school" every afternoon and I would sit my stuffed animals and my dolls on my bed and "teach" them how to read. I would assign them homework and little assignments. As I grew up I thought....

I wanted to be a nurse. I knew I wanted to help people. But as I found out more about the profession (in high school and talking to an aunt) I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it. Even though I wanted to help people, I knew I couldn't handle all the responsibilies that came with being a nurse. I'm a hypersensitive person. So, as I grew up even more, I knew that my dream was.....

Being a mom. Becoming a mom has always been a dream of mine. My husband and I have been together for 20 years, although we have been for almost 4 of those years. We waited 15 and a half years before deciding to become parents. He was 36 and I was 35 when we decided to try for a baby. We thought since we were in our 30s we thought I might have missed our window for having a baby, but 3 months after we started trying we found out that we were pregnant (August 2009). My dream of becoming a mom was realized when our Little Lady was born in March 2010 (exactly 3 months after we got married). It was something that I was meant to do. 

I love my life and my family and we hope to another set of two feet some day soon. 

~Angie aka The Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment