Image Map

Monday, May 20, 2013

Heavy Heart

My heart is heavy today. Oklahoma has been hit hard by tornadoes the last two days. Thankfully, we were not in the paths of these tornadoes, especially the one that hit Moore, Oklahoma this afternoon (the storms were all around us, so it was scary for a while). My heart is breaking for the lives that were lost, especially for the children who lost their lives in the elementary school that was hit by the tornado. I have been crying most of the day and hugging and snuggling my Little One as much as I can (or as much as she will let me). 

It was so scary and sad to watch the footage of the tornado and the destructive path that it took. As we were watching some of the footage, Paul and I were discussing the tornado drills we used to have in school. We used to sit in the hallway for these drills, why would anyone think that sitting in the hallway of a school is safe during a tornado. Because of this tragedy, we have decided that once "A" is in school we will pick her up during any kind of storm warnings and take her to shelter so that we know where she is and that she is safe. 

Please keep Oklahoma and those affected by this tornado in your prayers tonight.

So, I leave you with this:


Please keep Oklahoma and those affected by this tornado in your prayers tonight.

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment