Image Map

Friday, November 22, 2013

So Thankful

Hi Lovelies!

Happy Friday! There are only 5 days until Thanksgiving!!! When November rolls around I (like everyone else) start thinking about what I am thankful for. As always, first on my list are my husband and daughter. Then I start to thing about other things that I am thankful for like, our house, the beautiful weather we have been having lately, you know the drill. But, this year I'm thankful the second chance that I have been given by God. 

By second chance, I mean the life that I am living right now, a life that I wouldn't have if I had continued to live with my parents. You know my story by now ( I think I have written several posts about it), my parents were very controlling of everything that I did. I was their live in housekeeper, babysitter, cook, and errand runner. Anyway when I think back to that time in my life, God was there with me and he was pointing my in the direction that we wanted my life to take. The night that I left home, my husband (boyfriend at the time) was driving down the street when he saw me walking down the street (I had no idea where I was going), he picked me up and took me to his parents house (he was living with them at the time). He then talked to his parents and they graciously let me stay with them ( I had only met the one time before then).

God put my husband on that very same road that night. His family accepted me without even knowing me. Overnight I had an extended family that I knew that I could count one. 

Now that my husband and I have a beautiful little girl, I am again reminded multiple times a day how thankful I am that on that faithful night my husband's parents took me in and made me a part of their family. Without them, I wouldn't have the wonderful life that I have now. 

For this I am thankful.

What are your thankful for this Thanksgiving?

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment