Image Map

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tasty Tuesday- Broccoli Casserole

Hi Lovlies!

I wanted to share a recipe that is near and dear to my heart and brings back so many memories of my early childhood. It's Broccoli casserole. This was a staple at every holiday dinner and family reunion for as long as I can remember. I have been searching for years for this recipe and I think I have finally found it! I cannot wait to try this!!! Here is the recipe:

Broccoli Casserole

 


Ingredients:

1 (16 ounce) bag broccoli florets
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
2 tablespoons onions (chopped or minced)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups Cheez-It crackers, crushed
salt and pepper

Directions:

1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 
2 Cook Broccoli according to pkg directions, I cook a little less.
 
3 Mix soup, onion, mayo, and cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
 
4 Drain broccoli very well and mix with soup mixture.
 
5 Fold 1/2 of crushed Cheez It's into broccoli mixture.
 
6 Pour broccoli mixture into 9 x 13 greased dish and top with remaining Cheez It crackers.
 
7 Place in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.

Enjoy the recipe!!! What recipes bring back memories of your childhood?
 
~Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment