Image Map

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Ten Things That They Dont Tell You about Pregnancy

When I was pregnant with Angelina I found out early on that pregnancy wasn't always sunshine and roses. I remember when that second line appeared the symptoms seemed to start. I remember having some weird pains in the beginning and some other uncomfortable symptoms. 

I thought I would share some of the things that happened to me during my pregnancy.

1. You gag on everything your first trimester.

I know I did. I would gag while brushing my teeth, from the smell of certain foods ( chicken), and the smell of my husband's cologne. When it can to nausea, it really didn't happen to me. Yeah, I would a little queasy, but that was it.

2. You have weird dreams.

 They are common during early pregnancy. Some can be cool so just go with it. For me, I usually had the same dream, One minute I was pregnant and the next I was giving birth to full grown person ( I blame SNL for this one).

3. You drool more.

I know I did. I had a very juicy mouth. I remember Paul waking up complaining about his wet pillow. Apparently I decided that I need part of his pillow since mine was soaked.

4. You get really veiny.

My chest looked like a blue veined road map. Enough said.



5. Your boobs hurt.

Mine were so sensitive that even a gust of wind would make them hurt.

6. You get heartburn. a. lot.

For me, heartburn didn't start until the second trimester. Everything gave me heartburn, it didn't matter what it was, milk, bread, crackers, etc. You name it, it gave me heart. I was always told that the more heartburn you have, it means that your baby will be born with a full head of hair ( an old wives tale), but in my case it was true. Angelina was born with a full head of black hair. 

7. Your get shooting "zinger" pain in your cervix.

This I wasn't aware of until it happened one night. I was standing at the kitchen sink washing the dishes and suddenly I was brought to my knee's from the most awful pain I have ever felt. It only lasted for two minutes, but it was the worst pain I have ever felt.

8. You get constipation.

This really didn't happen to me.  I was always craving fruits and veggies, so this wasn't really a problem for me. 



9. You pee a little (or a lot ) when you laugh.

Happened all the time to me, it would depend on how full my bladder was. Evening sneezing would cause the pee to trickle. Sexy, right?

10. You get very sleepy.

Sleepiness is very common, especially in the early weeks. There would be times that I would be talking and all of sudden I would fall asleep mid sentence.


~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment