I have been taking a trip down memory lane. As some of you know I am an 80s baby through and through. It was a time of mismatch socks, scrunchies, feuds between pop princesses, and of course the ultimate boy band, New Kids on the Block. Those were some of the best days. So, today's post is dedicate to some of my favorite 80s memories.
(1) Putting plastic charms on every possible accessory and knowing that each charm had its own special meaning.
(2) You knew being a rock star with a secret identity was the best job ever!
Also, the life lessons Jem taught you:
1. It’s OK if your man cheats on you, as long as it’s with your secret alter ego.
2. Sometimes it’s way more fun to be the villain (looking at you, Pizzazz).
3. That anything can be solved by pressing down on your earring and saying, “Showtime, Synergy!”
(3) The importance of always nailing the perfect sideways ponytail.
(4) The smell of Electric Youth.
(5) How Jake Ryan is still your perfect man.
(6) Knowing that Over Our Heads was the best fictional store to ever exist.
(7) Watching these movies over and over again.
(8) You went through, like, one Sweet Valley High book a day.
(9) You needed to a SWATCH watch to match every outfit.
(10) Making something in your Easy-Bake Oven was your favorite way to spend a Friday night.
(11) The style icon that was Denise Huxtable.
(12) Wanting to paint your room like Punky Brewster’s
(13) And totally wanting that badass sofa chair from My Two Dads.
(14) The horrible smell jelly bracelets left after you wore them all day…
(15) …but knowing that these smelled way worse:
(16) Drooling in front of your TV on 21 Jump Street night.
(17) You looked forward to ABC Afterschool Specials and felt sort of edgy watching them.
(18) Sitting in your room for hours poring over Teen Beat, SuperTeen, Bop, and Tiger Beat.
(19) You loved NKOTB and had memorabilia mostly of your favorite one in the group.
(20) The importance of the Slam book.
I hope you enjoyed my little trip down memory lane. What are some of your favorite memories?