Image Map

Monday, December 30, 2013

Our Low Key Christmas

 For the first time in years, we were able to celebrate Christmas with just the three of us. We didn't have to worry about my in-laws coming over (too much drama is going on with them), and we were so much more relaxed. Here's what we did on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Christmas Eve:

I cleaned the house and The Little and I made the best Chocolate Chips Cookies. Our Christmas Eve dinner consisted of Crockpot roast, creamy mashed potatoes, and corn. We spent the afternoon watching movies and just enjoyed spending time together. We set to cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. Then, after the Little finally went to bed I started playing Santa, by wrapping all of the presents (yeah, I know, last minute), and then putting a few big presents together. We finally finished everything around 2am.

I wish I could post some pics, but the Husband has an issue with privacy so I will not be posting any pics or videos of our Christmas. 

Christmas morning:

We had a wonderful Christmas morning! The Little was super excited about all of the presents that Santa brought her and she equally loved all of the presents that we gave her. The Little was so excited to see the Doc Mcstuffins Get Bettter Checkup Center and her Sophia the first castle. She also got different accessories for the castle, some lego sets, hotwheels, and some Turbo toys.

The Hubby gave me the new Stephen King book, Dr. Sleep 




And seasons 2-4 of Roseanne.


I gave the Husband a new guitar cord and Batman 2 (legos game for xbox). 

After opening presents, I made chocolate chip pancakes and then we played with all of the Little's toys. She gave all of her stuffed animals check ups and pushed cars around the living room. We watched The Smurfs 2



And then we had a yummy dinner of Chicken and dressing, cheesy hash brown casserole, and green beans. 


All in all, we had a great Christmas. I cannot wait to do it all over again next year!!!

How was your Christmas? 

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment