Image Map

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Birthday Plans!



Hi Lovelies!
  
I will be celebrating the big 4-0 in February and I plan on embracing and not dreading it or even being depressed about it. I have a wonderful life, an awesome husband and a beautiful daughter, so I have nothing to be upset about. In fact, I am excited about it.
I have been thinking about the theme, the decorations, the food, the movies, and the music.  Here’s what I have so far.

Theme:

80s/John Hughes movies

Decorations:

Pictures from 80s movies (The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Some Kind of Wonderful), plus The Goonies, Weird Science, Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
Candy that was popular in the 80’s (pop rocks, candy necklaces, fun dip, pixie sticks, Hubba Bubba)
Rubber Duckie favors (Pretty in Pink)

Food:

Chinese Food (Pretty in Pink)
Cap’n Crunch Topped Cupcakes (The Breakfast Club)
A ¼ sheet cake with a picture of the cast from the Breakfast Club on it)
I’m still thinking of more food choices but I’m stumped!

Music:

I’ll be using Pandora for this. Hairbands which include, Bon Jovi, Poison, Skid Row, etc.

Bubble Gun Pop which includes; Madonna, Debbie Gibson, and Tiffany just to name a few.

That’s all I have for now. I hope to finalize the details in the next few weeks. I can’t wait! It’s going to be so much fun. I have always wanted to do something like this and I thought that doing this for my 40th birthday would so totally awesome! I cannot wait to share this special day with you complete with a recap and tons of pictures!

Have a lovely day!

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment