Image Map

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!

Hi Lovelies!



Today is Laura Ingalls Wilder's birthday. She was born February 7, 1867 and the early part of her life progressed pretty like it did in her "Little House" books.

I have always been  a fan of the "Little House" books. I remember reading "Little House in the Big Woods" when I was in the 3rd grade and loving it. I think it was the first chapter book that I had ever read. These are some of my favorite books and I still go back and read them. I never tire of them.


Laura and Almanzo

Here are some facts about Laura Ingalls Wilder:

Laura Elizabeth Ingalls was born in a log cabin seven miles north of Pepin, Wisconsin

 Her first book, Little House in the Big Woods is about her childhood years here in the Big Woods of Wisconsin. This book is full of the stories Pa told Laura when she was a little girl, as well as the daily and seasonal routines of her pioneer family.

 Laura's baby brother, Charles Frederic Ingalls (Freddy), was born in Walnut Grove on November 1, 1875, although Laura did not include this in her books because he only lived for nine months.

Here are some websites that have some wonderful resources on Laura Ingalls Wilder:



I can't wait until I can introduce my daughter to the "Little House books"! I hope she enjoys them just as much I did and still do.

Charles and Caroline Ingalls
Carrie, Mary. and Laura
 I might take a trip to the library and check out some of the books and re-discover what it was like to live in pioneer times.
What is your favorite "Little House Book"? 

~Angie
\

No comments:

Post a Comment