Image Map

Friday, December 21, 2012

Favorite Childhood Books

Happy Friday Lovelies! First I want to welcome my new followers to the blog! Thanks for reading and following! Today I thought I would talk about a few of my favorite childhood books. Reading has always been one of my favorite pasttimes. I love "getting lost" in a good book and "going along for the ride" with the characters. My mom was an avid reader and I'm proud to say that I love reading because of her. She instilled in the love of reading and I will forever be greatful to her for that. 

Here a few of my all time favorite childhood books.

Where the Wild Things Are
This my favorite bedtime book when I was a child. My mom read this to me every single night and I loved it so much. Now, the hubs and I read this to our daughter every night as well. It's always the first book that she will give us at night.

The Little House Series

These were my first chapter books. Oh, how I loved them and I think I read them all in about 2 weeks when I was in the third grade. I still read them today. I just love how they are written and I am instantly transported to the pioneer days.



The Ramona Series

I started reading these after the Little House books. I loved these as well. When I first started reading them I couldn't wait for the next book just to see what sort of shenanigans Ramona would get herself into.


 Well, there's my list! Hope you enjoyed it! What were your favorite books as a child?

P.S. The next post in this little series will be about the books read throughout my teenage years. So, look for that tomorrow!

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment