Image Map

Saturday, January 25, 2014

D*I*V*O*R*C*E

For some reason, every time I hear this particular word, a particular song comes to mind. D*I*V*O*R*C*E by Tammy Wynette.


When I was a little girl, one my of favorite aunts would sing this song to me. I'm not sure why, but at the time I knew that Tammy Wynette was one of her favorite county singers. 

As I grew up, I began to realize the significance of the song and just what it really meant. Maybe she was trying to subtly tell me something that my mom just couldn't tell me and help me understand. I don't know (maybe I'll never know), but I do know that I am a child who comes from a divorced family. I also come from a blended or a step family. And let me tell you, it was nothing like what yu see on "The Brady Bunch". Believe me I always wished for that, but sadly that wish never came true. 

I remember being confused when at first we were living with a mom and then all of a sudden right after Christmas we were suddenly living with our dad and his girlfriend (who became our a stepmom a few months later). Later I realized that I was also the stepchild that my stepmother never wanted. For some reason she resented me and I still don't know why.

Like I said I come from a divorced family, it might have been the reason why it took so long my husband and I to finally take the plunge and get married. We were together for 16 years and I was 6 months pregnant with our daughter, when he finally proposed to me. I know that coming from this type of family, I know that I will never put my child through what I went through growing up.

My husband and I have our argument, but we always apologize and make up. I just hope that our daughter never ever has to go through what I went through when I was a child. 

~Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment