Image Map

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tasty Tuesday- Cheesy Slow Cooker Meatballs

Hi Lovelies!

Welcome to another edition of Tasty Tuesday! I know this post is going up late, but today has been a busy day ( with homemaking and playing with the Little) and I am just now sitting down at the computer.

I don't know about you, but spaghetti and meatballs are one of my favorite comfort foods. Even the Little loves them and just devours an entire plateful. Now, I have never thought about sneaking some cheese in the centers of the meatballs, but I think I might just have to try this the next time I make this meal. Since the Little loves cheese, I think this will be a big hit with her. 

For some reason the Little will not any type of food on a stick except for popsicles. Weird, I know, but that's just how she is. So, I think I will just stick to good ol' Pepridge Farm Garlic Bread.I have made this recipe before, I just haven't taken any pictures of it. The next time I make it I will post the pics of it.

Here is today's recipe: Cheesy Slow Cooker Meatballs



Ingredients

Meatballs and Sauce

1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1/2 cup Progresso® Italian style bread crumbs 
2 tablespoons milk 
1 egg, slightly beaten 
Salt and pepper to taste 
5 mozzarella cheese sticks, cut into small pieces 
1 jar (24 oz) tomato pasta sauce 

Pasta

1 package (l lb) pasta  

Steps

1 In large bowl, mix beef, bread crumbs, milk egg, salt and pepper with hands until well combined. Shape mixture into small balls about the size of a Ping-Pong ball. 

2 With finger, make hole in 1 ball but do not go all the way through. Place 1 piece of cheese in hole; enclose cheese by pinching hole back together. Repeat with remaining beef mixture and cheese pieces. 

3 Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Pour pasta sauce into cooker. Place meatballs in sauce. 

4 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours. 

5 About 25 to 30 minutes before meatballs are done, cook pasta as directed on package; drain.

Enjoy!

~Angie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment