Image Map

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Grieving for a grandmother that I never knew

How do you grieve for someone you really do not know? I found on Monday that my nana (my dad's mother) passed away. I really never knew her. When I was younger she would call once a month and then we would write letters to each other, but I really did not know her. I have only met her one time, I was 20 and that was the only time that I had ever seen her. I haven't talked to her I left home over 18 years ago. I don't talk to my dad, my step-monster, or my brother and two sisters (that's a long story that I will have to tell if anyone is interested), so I haven't heard anything about her. So, again....how do I grieve for a grandmother that I did not know, but would have liked to have known?
I wish I would have been to talk to her again. I lost contact with her when I left home and I never knew where she was living. Like I said before, I don't talk to my family anymore and I knew they probably never would have told me anyway. I just wish I knew her and I wish that I could tell her that I love her and that I'm sorry that I lost contact with her. 
RIP Nana! I love you!
Here is her obituary that I found online:
Winifred Tracy, previously from Lake Worth and presently having resided at Noreen McKeen Health Center, passed away on Columbus Day, October 8, 2012. Winnie was the daughter of Josephine and James McManus of Ireland. She would prefer her age to remain anonymous! Mrs. Tracy was pre-deceased by her husband Raymond Tracy, Past President of Alfar-Boutwell Dairy in West Palm Beach. She is survived by her 5 children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, and nephews . She was a past member and communicant of St. Ann's Catholic Church in West Palm Beach, where her faith was important to her. Winnie's favorite pastime besides sewing and cooking, was shopping, and I am sure she has already been missed by Wal-Mart and Kmart, not to mention Goodwill and Salvation Army. She was the Queen of Style and always dressed to the hilt with a snazzy hat to match every outfit! Winnie will be missed by her Lake Worth neighbors, friends, family and all the wonderful care givers at Noreen McKeen Health Center, who we are so thankful for. A Memorial Mass will be held at 11:00 AM on Friday, October 12, 2012 at The Lourdes-Noreen McKeen Chapel, 315 S. Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach, FL 33401. A private interment next to her beloved Ray will take place at Our Lady Queen of Peace Cemetery, Royal Palm Beach, FL.
~Angie 

No comments:

Post a Comment