Image Map

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

These Are the Hats That I Wear

Disclaimer: This post was inspired by Becky from the blog From Mrs. to Mama. After reading her post on the many hats she wears, I started thinking about the many hats I wear and started writing this post. 

My dearest Lovelies,
In my ordinary life, I wear a lot of hats. I don't think alot about these hats, but there are times that I do think about all the things that I do. Sometimes my husband wanders why I'm stressed out at the end of the day ( I have a toddler who is currently in the thoroughs of the terrible twos) and why there are days that we only have sandwiches for supper.  There are days that I just feel like I have not accomplished anything ( there are dirty dishes from breakfast and lunch in the sink and about 6 piles of laudry to fold and put away) and there are days that I just don't feel appreciated. I know I should not feel this way, but I'm human. So...

Who am I and What do I do.......

I'm a mother. First and foremost, I am a SAHM. It is by far the hardest job I have ever had and it is the most important part of my life. My child and any other future children come first. Her health and happiness is and always will be my number priority. She will always have the healthiest of foods to eat and she will always have her outside time, because girlfriend loves to play outside (weather permitting). She will have "school time" (she loves the educational websites that I have found) as well and she will know how to be gentle and how to be kind to others and she will know owr to say please and thank you. She will know just how much I love her, treasure her, and cherish her. She is my light and I live for her!! I love my job with out a doubt!

I'm a Wife. My husband is my best friend and my soul mate. We have know each other for mos of our lives.  He is my better half. Without him I would not have the life that I am living right now. He saved me from my other life ( a life where I would have been taking care of my parents, my siblings, and then my siblings children) and he made me a the wife and mother that I am today. I am as old fashioned as they come, I am the traditional wife. I make sure that my husband has three home cooked  meals a day ( well, most days) and I make sure the house is clean (most days). I make sure he has time to himself in the evenings (to play his Xbox games and  to watch football). He does not expect me to do this, I do these things because I want to do and I feel these are the things that I wife should do for her husband. I believe in tradition and it is a big part of who I am.

I'm a photographer/cinematographer. At least I try to be. It's getting difficult to  wrangle a two year old and get her sit for longer two minutes so that I can get a decent a picture. It is also difficult to get a cute video of said toddler, especially when she wants to see herself in the video while I am trying to record said video. My pictures my come out blurry and the video might not come out like I want it to, but still have the memories that we made and I will cherish them forever and ever.

I'm an online grad student. Being a student is important to me. When I decided to become a SAHM I had to stop attending the college that was pursing my degree from. I did this mainly because it was difficult to attend class while having a newborn at home. It was then that  I decided to trade in the brick and mortar college for an online college. Even though I have been working on my degree ( a Master's in Psychology) for the last year by taking only 1 class every 8 weeks I am proud to say that I will have my graduate degree in Summer 2014!

So, there you have it Lovelies, the many hats that I wear. I would not trade the life that I have for anything in the whole world. My family defines who I am and it also determines that kind of hats that I wear every single day.

~Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment