Image Map

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Mom Guilt

We all suffer from it. We are all guilty of it.

Mom guilt.

I have suffered from it on several occasions. Being a stay at home, I suffer from mom guilt just like any working mom. When I'm cleaning the house, I am always wondering if I am spending enough time with my daughter. Or, when I am studying, again I wonder if I'm ignoring her. While doing these two things, I always involve Angelina in some way. When I am cleaning, she "helps" me by pretending to vacuum the carpets with her Minni Mouse vacuum cleaner. And when I am studying, I give her crayons and coloring books or I give an old textbook that she can highlight in. During these times, we are always talking and interacting. 

I even feel guilty when I run errands to the grocery store or even to the post office by myself. 

But still, the mom guilt begins to creep in.

I am always wondering if I am spending enough quality time with daughter. 

I am always wondering if I should go out and find a job, maybe if I did we wouldn't be so worried about money and maybe we wouldn't argue so much. I also begin to think that maybe my daughter would benefit more if she was in daycare that way she would be more socialized than she is right now. 

I know everyone whether they are working parents or stay at home parents feels this type of guilt. It's just something I am going to have to figure out how to handle on my own. It's something that I am going to have come to terms with. 

My daughter is my world. She is my life. I love her to the moon and back. I wouldn't changing anything that I have done since she has become a part of our lives. I would quit my job again just to stay at home with her. 

So, the mom guilt is just going to have subside in one way or another. I can handle it, with the help of my husband, I can handle it. 

Do you suffer from mom guilt? I would love to hear how you deal with it. 

Have a lovely Saturday!

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment